The information you provide will be held in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). We will do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure any personal information you share with us is stored securely.
We value and respect everyone who connects with us. Our aim is to be as clear as possible about how and why we use information you give us. If your questions are not fully answered by the information below, please contact us at email@example.com.
Compliance with the DPA and GDPR underlies all of our personal information privacy practices. We also have a
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Keeping your data secure is very important to us. By providing your personal details you agree to allow Caleb 14:24 Ministries to contact you either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our legitimate interests in accordance with current data protection regulations. We will never make your personal data available for marketing purposes to external individuals or organisations. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information each time you are in contact with us. For example:
- Indirectly when you make a purchase or donation through our 3 rd party services
- Directly when you view our website (via your browser’s cookies), register for or attend an event or course,
request a resource, send us an email or provide feedback on any of our message boards.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information about our work including supporter-related mailings, events and resources and to tailor this kind of information according to your location and expressed interests.
- To ask for financial and non-financial support, such as prayer.
- To process donations you give us and to ensure they are recorded correctly.
- To process purchases via 3rd party services
- To keep records of your relationship with us. For example; what events you have attended, what enquiries or complaints you have made, what areas of our work you have supported or what resources you have ordered.
- To customise the information and appeals we send to ensure we work in the most cost-effective way and only send information which is appropriate to you.
- To enhance or improve your experience on our website. When you indicate your preferences through your use of our site, we may use this information to personalise the site to better meet your needs.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Information collected directly is stored digitally on password and security software protected computers under the control of administrators who are authorised by the Caleb 14:24 Ministries charity trustees.
Information collected indirectly by our 3rd party services are held securely under the terms of their own privacy and data protection policies.
WHO SEES YOUR INFORMATION?
The information we collect will be used exclusively within Caleb 14:24 Ministries. We do not pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that you provide to Caleb 14:24 Ministries will be used to provide you with information about our work including relevant mailings, events, resources, fundraising and other services and activities described on our website.
By providing information you are agreeing to receive mailings that communicate the work of Caleb 14:24 Ministries. By providing us with your details you are giving Caleb 14:24 Ministries your express permission to store your data. If you do not give this permission then Caleb 14:24 Ministries will not be able to send emails to you.
Each time you receive an email you will be able to update your preferences and subscribe or unsubscribe from regular emails.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
The length of time we keep the information you have given us depends on the context in which you provided it.
Beyond this time period we will only keep information that is necessary for us to provide agreed mailings, other
resources and for statistical purposes.
We will keep records of any financial transactions you enter into with us for a minimum of six years. This will
enable us to meet with accounting requirements and respond to any questions from you that arise during that
period. Gift Aid declarations and transactions must be kept for a minimum of 6 years from the accounting period
to which they relate.
VIEWING THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You may request details of all the information Caleb 14:24 Ministries holds about you by submitting a written request to email@example.com.
KEEPING US UP TO DATE WITH YOUR DETAILS AND CONTACT PREFERENCES
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date. You can change the way we contact you or the kind of material we send you at any time by contacting us by mail, phone or email using the Contact page on the website. You can unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ links on the email you have received.
Caleb 14:24 Ministries does not receive or hold any credit card details for donations/payments made via one of
our online financial systems:
- Online purchases are made using Stripe
- Online donations are made using either Give.Net (Stewardship) or DONR.
- All card payments in these systems are processed through means which are secure payment gateways and
securely handle all the authentication and payment authorisation processes.
- All monies from purchases are paid direct from your card merchant into Caleb 14:24 Ministries’ bank account (net of the transaction fee) while donation monies are received by the collecting agency (with full transparency to
Caleb 14:24 Ministries) before being passed on to Caleb 14:24 Ministries.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive.
It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned.
are visiting. This enables us to customise and personalise the content on our website. Cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier. Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a website to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping cart or to remember the user’s preferences or registration details for a future visit.
We use websites such as Vimeo and YouTube to embed videos on our websites and you may be sent cookies from them via our site. Please look at the cookie and privacy policies on these 3 rd party sites if you want more
information about this.
We also use 3rd party services such as Facebook, Eventbrite and Google analytics and these suppliers may also
As some of these 3rd party services may be based outside of the UK and the EU they may not fall under the
jurisdiction of UK courts.
This policy was last updated in September 2020 but will be subject to regular review. Please revisit it each time that you consider giving personal data.